Democrats trying to change voting rules because their ideas are not enough

You probably heard a lot of talk lately about some “new ideas” from the Democrats, like giving the vote to 16-year-olds, giving voting rights to non-citizens and abolishing the Electoral College.  There is a simple reason for the sudden appearance of these “new ideas.”  When your policies and practices are not popular enough with the electorate to win elections anymore, you try to change the rules in your favor.

The Democrats are pushing to establish voting rights for 16-year-olds.  Of all the bad ideas they have come up with, this is the worst.

Thomas Jefferson once said, “If we are to guard against  ignorance  and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed.”

How many 16-year-olds do you know who are informed about government, public policy or politics?  How many do you know who have common sense enough to not make poor decisions?  Are these really the people we want influencing our elections, electing the people who can have enormous impact on our lives and of generations to come?

I am a teacher.  I work with 16-year-olds.  A lot of them are great kids.  But they are kids.  Their brains are not fully developed and they make poor choices and bad decisions.  It’s a scientific fact.  Didn’t you when you were that age?

In fact, most 18-year-olds are not mature enough to vote.  I believe the voting age should be raised to at least 21, maybe even 24.  At least at this age, young people have had some life experience, have most likely had to do adult things like hold a job, pay bills, pay taxes, etc.  Maybe they’ve had enough time to be exposed to a diversity of thought either in higher education or in a career.  At least they’ve had eight more years of growing, living and brain development to help them make better and more informed decisions.

The push for 16-year-old voters is because Democrats believe these voters will be very easy to manipulate … that these children will blindly vote for them if they promise them all kinds of wonderful shiny things.  My guess is they are correct in that belief.

A similar belief is held on giving voting rights to non-citizens.  The Democrats see this group of people as a powerful voting block they can exercise almost complete control over.  This group will be totally dependent on government, a key factor in all Democratic policies.  People dependent on the government for their livelihood, education, healthcare, transportation, housing, communication and food will always vote for the group that will protect those entitlements to keep them dependent, namely the Democrats.  It’s a modern form of slavery.

And the push by Democrats to abolish the Electoral College and elect presidents based solely on the popular vote is also a move to change the rules so they can win elections.  They call for “one person, one vote!” and “this is a democracy,” but that is code for a rigged system to ensure Democrat victories because votes of California and New York will carry the entire country.  Both are, surprise, Democrat strongholds.

The purpose of the Electoral College is to balance voting power across states so no one region of the country can gain too much control. If a president is elected by a simple majority of votes, a candidate who is wildly popular in one region can ignore smaller regions and campaign only where large majorities are possible. Or a candidate who wins vast majorities in California and New York can write off the rest of the country completely.  Ever wonder why foreign dictators always “win” their elections?

Majority means 51 percent of the citizenry rule the other 49 percent. That minority has no rights except those the majority grants. James Madison, who was influenced by Plato, knew liberty and justice for the minority is possible only when power is shared between groups in society

Our Constitution protects the minority while preserving the democracy: we the people elect representatives to run the government (republic) and we do so by majority vote (democracy). The United States is a Democratic Republic, not a democracy, and don’t let these power-hungry Democrats fool you into believing they care about the rights of the people.  They only care about gaining power through whatever means necessary.

With another election coming soon, remember when you hear a candidate calling to change election rules, it’s because they know they cannot win based on their ideas alone.  That alone should give you good cause to cast your vote elsewhere.